WTRC is a member of:
- Bioenergy Association of New Zealand (BANZ)
- Forestry Industry Engineering Association (FIEA)
- IEA Bioenergy Thermal Gasification of Biomass (Task 33)
WTRC collaborates with the following organisations
- CRL Energy Ltd.
- Building Research Association of NZ (BRANZ)
- Pine Manufacturing Association of NZ
- Plant and Food Research Ltd.
- Scion Research
- Structural Timber Innovation Company
- Wood Processing Association of NZ
Proceedings of workshops
Proceedings or presentations of previous workshops can be obtained by contacting Mrs Jingge Li using jingge. firstname.lastname@example.org, or downloaded in free.
- Workshop of IEA Bioenergy Task 33: Gasification and Alternative Fuels Development, Thursday, 14th April 2011, Copthorne Hotel Commodore, Christchurch
- Biomass Gasification R&D Activities in North America (pdf, 2.56MB) by Dr. Richard Bain, Principal Engineer, National Bioenergy Center, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA
- Biomass Gasification in Australia (pdf, 939KB)by Dr. John Sanderson, Principal Environmental Engineer, Earth Systems, Australia.
- Conversion of Biomass Over Steam Gasification to Biofuels and Chemicals - Actual Status of Work (pdf, 801KB) by Dr. Reinhard Rauch, Head of Project Group, Institute of Chemical Engineering, Vienna University of Technology, Austria.
- The Enigma of Gasification (Cinderella or Princess) (pdf, 1.31MB) by Mr. Doug Williams, Managing Director, Fluidyne Co., New Zealand.
- R&D Activities on Biomass Gasification for Syngas and Liquid Fuels at the University of Canterbury (pdf, 3.63MB) by Professor Shusheng Pang, Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Canterbury.
- Thermo-chemical Conversion R&D Activities at CRL Energy including the Gasification of Coal and Biomass for Purified Hydrogen Production (pdf, 2.27MB), by Dr. Tana Levi, Technology Operations Manager, CRL Energy Ltd., New Zealand.
- Underground Coal Gasification (UCG) - A Transformational Technology (pdf, 832KB) by Dr. Steven Pearce, General Manager –Gas Development, Solid Energy New Zealand Ltd.
- Production of Hydrogen-Rich Syngas from Steam Gasification of Blend of Biosolids and Wood using a Dual Fluidised Bed Gasifier (pdf, 588KB) by Dr. Woei-Lean Saw, Research Fellow, Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Canterbury.
- Reactor and Catalyst Development for Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis Applicable to Small Scale Wood Processing Plants in New Zealand (pdf, 1.50MB) by Chris Penniall, PhD student, Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Canterbury.
- Workshop of Thermo-chemical Conversion of Biomass to Energy and liquid Fuel, Friday, 5th February 2010, Forestry, University of Canterbury, Christchurch
- Workshop of Maximising Benefits of Forestry and Wood Thursday, 4th February 2010, Forestry, University of Canterbury, Christchurch